- Have fun while making good decisions.
- Support and encourage the growth of others.
- Include everyone.
- Do your best and trust that everyone else will, too.
- Be kind, even when others may not be in return.
Last updated: December 5, 2018
We have no paid staff; all coaches and assistants are volunteers. If invited to the club, dues are currently set at $20/month/person (with a 20% discount for multiple family members). Dues are used to cover the cost of boat storage, equipment upkeep, and purchasing new club equipment. We will also have fundraisers from time to time to purchase new equipment and support team travel to Nationals or Trials.
Liability insurance requires a $10 per person fee for “events,” or membership in the American Canoe Association which is about $40 a year. Membership in the ACA is required since we get liability insurance from your ACA membership. We also require all members and event participants to sign our waiver’s linked from the Join Us page.
Please join the ACA before completing the application below so that you have your ACA number. You will need to provide us with your American Canoe Association membership number. You will also be asked to take part in the age appropriate SafeSport.org training by the ACA. All coaches and volunteers must take part in SafeSport training.
Once your club membership is approved, you’ll be given access to our TeamReach account.
- Members are responsible for purchasing their own PFDs after six months, their own paddles after nine months, and should be working towards owning their own boat anytime after a year of paddling.
- All paddlers 18 and older, and all volunteers must also take the (free) Safe Sport course provided by the US Center for Safe Sport. Information about this program is provided on the American Canoe Association website. (Athletes under 18 have an option to take an age appropriate version of the Safe Sport training, too, and are encouraged to do so.)
- You may pay club does with a credit card, or preferably set up automatic bank transfers (or via check), which helps the club pay far less in processing fees.
All coaching staff and other volunteers much complete the American Canoe Association’s Safe Sport online training. Coaching staff must also maintain valid CPR certificates and are also encouraged to become certified by the International Canoe Federation as Level III (or above) coaches.