All of our coaches are fully vaccinated! We request that if possible, you are too, prior to coming to a club workout. We will be outside at all times and observe safety measures as prescribed by the CDC.
All activities must be done at your own risk!
We would be happy to give you a tryout if you’re interested in sprint canoe and kayaking and would like to consider joining our club! We have weekly workouts and will setup a time for you to come give our sport a try.
Please read everything below as well as our Beginning Paddler FAQs before you commit to this and complete the form below.
- Tryouts cost $10 per person – this covers our liability insurance.
- We provide all equipment (including personal floatation devices) for you to learn the sport.
- You must sign this American Canoe Association waiver – this link opens in a new window/tab – as we cannot permit the use of our equipment prior. If you are already an ACA member, please let us know your ACA membership number.
- Tryouts are open to adults and minors 12 years and older.
- All paddlers MUST be able to swim 100 yards without aid.
- Our club meets at the public dock found at 1212 Navigator Drive in the Ventura Harbor on the south side of the Portside housing development. We do not have a physical building or sign! There is a parking lot and two beach volleyball courts near our dock – please park there and look for us on the dock – we get there ahead of time to set up and have equipment ready. Parking is free.