Having read and understood the Bylaws of the Ventura Canoe & Kayak Club, I hereby certify that I am eligible for membership in good standing with the Ventura Canoe and Kayak Club;
- I will pay the required dues, fees and assessments as fixed by the Board from time to
time and in accordance with the club Bylaws;
- I will adhere to the all membership requirements, such as:
(i) Joining the national governing body for the Olympic sport of Sprint, currently the American Canoe Association. Please be sure to select Ventura Canoe & Kayak Club as your club. You must have active ACA membership for our insurance purposes, too. Do this before completing the form below! You do not need to have a competitor’s license yet.
(ii) Sign and submit an insurance waiver annually.
(iii) Complete a “New Member Clinic” or “Introduction to Paddling Class” supervised by a VCKC coach covering such topics as self rescue, safety procedures, use and care of equipment and VCKC facilities, and team member responsibilities.
(iv) Being able to swim 100 yards, and know that I may be requested to demonstrate this ability at any time. Inability to meet this requirement will result in termination of my membership.
If under 18 years of age, my parent/guardian will “sign” and note the relationship to me using the form below, too. (All emergency info is required for all members.)
I will take part in and assists with supporting the growth and health of our club.
- I further agree that upon my acceptance as a member in the Ventura Canoe & Kayak Club that I will follow the core club rules, and any other rules adopted by the Board:
– Have fun while making good decisions.
– Support and encourage the growth of others.
– Include everyone.
– Do your best and trust that everyone else will, too.
– Be kind, even when others may not be in return.
- Please also download the TeamReach app (available for both Android and iOS) and join the club group using the code that will given to you (and/or your child). We do not want coaches and volunteers to communicate electronically directly with our minors. We collect contact information for adults only and for emergency use alone.